This recipe was created by Lauren Windas: a licensed nutritionist with expertise in gut health, chronic fatigue, and disordered eating.
Protein is the building block of muscle. When you exercise, you are essentially breaking your muscles down, so it’s important to refuel and help them repair following any workout. The best time to have your protein (particularly when strength training) is within 45 minutes after working out.
A great versatile protein powder (that is suitable for vegans too!) is Honest Hemp’s organic hemp protein powder. Some ideas on how you can use this in some quick recipes following your workout are listed below:
Hemp Protein Shake Recipe
- 1 cup ice
- ¼ cup Honest Hemp protein powder
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- 250ml coconut milk (or other nut milk)
- Blend together
Hemp Protein Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp Honest Hemp protein powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Maple syrup to serve
- Add the oats to the blender and blend until they’re the texture of flour.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender, except the maple syrup and coconut oil, and blend.
- Melt and heat up the coconut oil in a frying pan. Once hot, add a ladle of the pancake mixture to the pan and fry for approximately 3 minutes on a medium to high heat. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes until its cooked through and the sides are golden.
- Remove from the frying pan and onto a plate. Repeat step 3 to make the remaining two pancakes.
- Drizzle over some maple syrup and your favourite fruit toppings – enjoy!
Did you like these recipes? Leave a comment below!